Commentary on popular arts and more by Milo Miles
- The brass thinks criticism is just telling people what to think or blowing your mouth off about your opinion and so gives the job to some clown who agrees with those attitudes.
- The brass doesn’t understand art at all and so gives the criticism job to somebody who makes a clownish case they do understand art.
- The brass hates art (worst case: considers it depraved) and so gives the job to an angry clown who covertly or even overtly agrees.
- The brass considers covering art a lightweight gig and so gives the job to a clownish goof who makes funny.
- The brass thinks the best current way to cash in on arts writing is to have some click-bait contrarian clown do the job.